Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Will my mind catch up?

I hear weekly, "You're doing so well," "you're inspiring me," "you're a rock star!"  It really makes me feel good that people are NOTICING my efforts.  (As if I'm not continually bragging about them!)

But, there is a little voice in my head that says, "Yeah, they see the outside, but you haven't changed on the inside."  Sometimes I just feel lazy, knowing that I could work a little harder, be a little more diligent about my food choices, have one less Sugar-Free Hazelnut Soy Latte per week.  (I have downsized from Venti to Grande, and this week to Tall.)

When will my mind catch up and realize that this is my new LIFESTYLE, not just another diet?  There will be social gatherings around food (even in the weight-loss-surgery group events...we didn't get fat NOT knowing how to eat). There will be weeks that I'm struggling with feeling well, and it's OK to pare down the training...even skip a night when I'm exhausted.  An oatmeal cookie taste test is now AN oatmeal cookie, not half the batch (before baking).

I'd love to hear others' thoughts on this...especially those not still honeymooning with their new pouch.

1 comment:

  1. If someone has never had a weight problem, they have no idea what you're talking about. You've known be for along time now and have seen be at my heaviest and you've seen me at my goal weight. Having the surgery is life changing for us. It takes awhile for the negative self talk to ease, but it does get better. It's not a "diet". It truly is a lifestyle. It's doing things the way you can for the rest of your life. It gets better.

    ReplyDelete