Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sleepless nights = Big Dreams


Sleepless nights.  Yep, several in a row.  I wake up to take the dogs out, and start thinking of the possibilities.  Right now, it’s the next two years worth of races.  I’ve already moved on past the HOPING I can do Warrior Dash and Columbia Crossing – I know those are in the bag!  It’s the “what next” that keeps me awake at night.

I’m planning the half marathon next year – and, again, KNOW I can do that.  When talking with Iron Man Mike last week, I even told him that.  I know I can do that today, if I needed to.  Maybe not with a great time, but I know that I now have the endurance ability to finish a longer race.  So, it’s time to DREAM.  BIG DREAMS!

Half marathon, century ride, and yes – even thinking of that doggone swim…via triathlon.  Bariathletes posted a link last week on great Ironman races for first-timers.  These are Ironman 70.3 races (also known as Half Ironman races).  One is in beautiful Oceanside, California…and the 2013 race will be right after my 40th birthday.  Dare I dream of it?  YES!  ABSOLUETLY YES!  I keep saying that I’m going to be better at 40 than I was at 20…and I mean it.

I have a long way to go.  The 15.9 mile ride I did yesterday is barely enough for the sprint-triathlon I plan to do next year.  But, it was definitely NOT the hardest ride I’ve done so far (in spite of heat and hills), and had it not been getting dark, I could have ridden a while longer.  I’m not breaking any land-speed records at this point.  But, I’m getting out there.  And, I’m DREAMING, especially when I’m not sleeping! 

Stay tuned…because I’m LIVING MY FIT DREAMS.

1 comment:

  1. Love the excitement that you are living in and giving out! It is very motivational to me as I look to the bridge crossing too! You have encouraged me to look fir the next race goal ... The Rock N Roll race! The other day as I was walking/training I realized that if the bridge crossing was the next day I could do it! A great thought for sure. Your words resonated with me.

    ReplyDelete